So bathrooms. They aren’t just places we go in to shower and exit instantly, anymore. No. With the eruptions of Spas everywhere in the world, people are starting to show their bathrooms alot more love. Because no one really has the time to go to a Spa everyday, they are trying replicate the feel and aura of Spas, so that they can relax and unwind at the end of a rough day. And with only 4 more months till the world welcomes 2017, the obsession with this amazing trend is sure to make ultra-luxurious bathrooms the top trend in home decor for 2017. The best part? With the right tips and trick, you can create for yourself the perfect retreat at your own home, without emptying your bank account.
BIB: Bathrooms In Black
Black bathrooms look amazing and have a very posh feel to them.
To recreate the ultimate bathroom, very Kris Jenner inspired, in this color, keep in mind a few things:
- For wherever you need paint, stay in the matte category for a sleek effect.
- Lighting is everything! Make sure you have enough light in your bathroom to balance out the heaviness of the black.
- Likewise you plain white towels and wash clothes etc.
- Go for structured and sleek mirrors to avoid the bathroom from looking too gothic.
- For sinks and counters, go for the colors white, gray or black itself.
- Accent the black with the hardware in the colors gold or brass if you what it to be bold and dramatic.
- Use hardware in the color silver for a blended more subtle look.
- If you can afford it, black marble is your bestfriend.
If you are a minimalist like me, you probably go crazy for anything that looks, clean, serene and effortless.
- When you think of a minimalist look, the first word that pops up in your mind would be white. White is your background color for this type of bathroom. It is that perfect foundation and concealer on top of which you contour and highlight. However, always keep variations in the shade. The exact same shade of white for everything can easily become boring.
- Texture! On the walls, on the curtains, on the cupboards incorporate texture if you can.
- Gold and brass hardware adds a very regal effect.
- Choose silver or stainless steel if you want a very modern and urban look.
- If you are going for a a very crisp, all white everything look then be sure to add something that you can rest your eyes on. Be it a painting, a console with your collection of candles and flowers, a tv or a gorgeous view out your window.
Gold Hardware For The Fancy Nancy
If you love bling, then give gold hardware a try.
Pair with :
- White/Marble for serene, virginal effect.
- Black for glamour and drama.
- Bold colors for a luxurious effect.
- Pastels and neutrals for elegance.
- Patterns to add class to the eccentricity.
If you’re into patterns and bold colors, experimenting is for you. Just remember
- stick to a color in the pattern and use it around the room to pull the look together.
- use white or neutrals with.
Mirror Mirror On The Wall
If there is one bathroom accessory you should pay attention to, it should be a mirror. A gorgeous mirror always elevates the bathroom status. Here’s some mirror inspiration.